- Take an active part in our city & make a real difference to the local community.
- Be part of an organisation that last year involved 1659 students & staff from 57 departments in 63 different areas of our Sheffield and beyond – benefiting 143 local charities & voluntary groups. In all, volunteering hours totalled 26,269.
- Meet amazing friends, do cool stuff for free (like taking kids quad biking or learning how to dry stone wall) and get to explore Sheffield.
- It’s flexible. You can do something just for a day or give a couple of hours each fortnight (& take time out during exams or vacations).
- There are opportunities to lead projects as well as take part, gaining leadership skills while having a great time.
- Improve your employability. You can access free training, get 'CV gold' experience and references – all of which can open doors to jobs in the future.
- Don’t take our word for it. According to a Timebank survey, 73% of employers said they’d employ someone with voluntary experience over one without & 58% said
that voluntary work experience can actually be more valuable that experience gained in paid employment.
- Your volunteering can also count toward the Sheffield Graduate Award.
So if you want to get more out of your degree or you’re just looking for something totally fresh to do with your time, we’re waiting to hear from you!
Why choose SheffieldVolunteering?