Professor Neil Spooner
Professor of Particle Physics
- Room : E23
- Phone : +44 (0)114 22 24422
- Fax : +44 (0)114 22 23554
email : email@example.com
- Dark matter searches
- Neutrino physics and astrophysics
- PHY303 (lectures)
- Head of the Particle Physics and Particle Astrophysics group
- Member of the Departmental Executive Committee
- Head of the Departmental RAE Committee
- Chair of the Departmental Research Committee
- Head of the Boulby Underground Laboratory
- Director of the Institute for Underground Science
- Chair of the Boulby Underground Laboratory Science Committee
- Coordinator of the Underground Laboratories Network within EU FP6 programme ILIAS
- Member of the Governing council of the EU FP6 programme ILIAS
- Chair of the International Advisory Committee for the Workshop series "Identification of Dark Matter"
- Member of the Institute Board for the DRIFT international dark matter experiment
- Referee for several journals and funding agencies
Recent key publications
- B. Ahmed et al. (The UK Dark Matter Collaboration). "The NAIAD experiment for WIMP searches at Boulby mine and recent results", Astroparticle Physics, 19 (2003) 691-702.
- G. J. Alner et al. (The DRIFT II Collaboration), "The DRIFT-II dark matter detector: design and commissioning", Nucl. Instrum. and Meth. in Phys. Res. A, 555 (2005) 173-183.
- G. J. Alner et al. (The UK Dark Matter Collaboration). "First limits on nuclear recoil events from the ZEPLIN I galactic dark matter detector", Astroparticle Physics, 23 (2005) 444-462.
- B. Morgan, A. Green and N. J. C. Spooner. "Searches for solar Kaluza-Klein axions with gas TPCs", Astroparticle Physics, 23 (2005) 287-302.