Medical Statistics Group
Welcome to the Medical Statistics Group Home Page
Quantitative thinking is fundamnetal to most medical research, and the Medical Statistics Group collaborates with all areas of ScHARR, and with the other Schools in the Faculty of Medicine, and with the wider medical research community.
The Medical Statistics Group (MSG) aims to:
- develop new statistical methodology relevant to medical and health services research
- help ScHARR achieve a high rating at the Research Excellence Framework by providing high quality advice on research proposals and using modern statistical methods in the analysis and display of data
- provide direct input to medical and health services research projects through collaborative research and consulting
- develop and deliver statistics modules for undergraduate and postgraduate degree schemes within ScHARR and the University of Sheffield
- train medical and health services professionals in the theory and application of appropriate statistical methods in their own research
- train the next generation of medical statisticians (through the MSc in Statistics with Medical Applications)
The Group operates in the three main areas of research, teaching and consultancy.
The Medical Statistics Group is located within the Design, Trials & Statistics Section