Web of Knowledge (WoK)
Web of Knowledge (WoK) provides a single point of access & cross database searching capability for Web of Science & a range of other databases offered by Thomson ISI. Special features include cited reference searching (a powerful way of finding out who has published research on a particular topic), marked list functionality (manage your search results within WoK and export to EndNote Web and other reference management tools), links to full text & University of Sheffield print & electronic holdings information (via Find it @ Sheffield, our digital content discovery service), & reference management with EndNote Web.
Web of Science
- Arts & humanities citation index - 1975 to date
- Science citation index expanded - 1899 to date
- Social sciences citation index - 1956 to date
- Conference proceedings citation index - science - 1990 to date
- Conference proceedings citation index - social science & humanities - 1990 to date
BIOSIS previews & citation index - 1969 to date
Journal citation reports (JCR)
- Science edition - latest year. Includes 5 year back file.
- Social sciences edition - latest year. Includes 5 year back file.
MEDLINE - 1950 to date
Access is available directly from this page by connecting to the Web of Knowledge web site - you'll be prompted to login to MUSE as necessary. To access the Library's eResources collection whether on or off campus, simply log into MUSE & connect via the Library eResources links, located on the Library tab. Alternatively, access via the eResources A to Z links on the Library Web pages & login to MUSE when prompted.
Web of Knowledge now available on your mobile: you can access the mobile interface using your personal WoK username & password. If you've already created your own EndNote Web login, you can use this to access WoK too. Otherwise, follow these instructions to create a personal login for anywhere, anytime access.
If you experience any difficulties in using this eResource please call the Library on extension 27200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.