Students can use myRooms&Resources in MUSE to book the following:
- Information Commons Group Rooms
- Western Bank Library Group Rooms
- IC Creative Media Room
- IC Creative Media Edit Suite
- IC Level 2, C21a
- IC Level 6, GO7
- IC Digital Camera Kits
- IC Handy Audio/Video Recorders
- IC Laptop Loans
- British Library Minibus (free monthly service to the British Library Document Supply Centre at Boston Spa)
To access myRooms&Resources take the following steps:
- Log into MUSE
- Scroll down the homepage to the myQuickLinks section
- Click the myRooms&Resources Bookings (Includes IC and WBL Group Rooms) link
- If asked to, provide your username and password again and click Login
The myRooms&Resources screen will load. The left column contains controls by which you specify the resource you are booking and the date on which you are booking it. The right hand area of the screen shows a booking matrix with a row for each of the resources available (40 rows for laptops, 8 rows for group study rooms). The coloured blocks indicate the booking status of each resource in hourly timeslots. The white timeslots indicate that the resource is available to be booked.
To book a resource take the following steps:
- Use the resource type menu in the left column to select the resource you are booking
- If you are not booking the resource for today, click in the Date field and indicate the date of required booking in the popup calendar.
- If you need to, adjust the orange markers on the Time Range scale so that the right hand area displays the times you are interested in.
- To make your booking, click in the right-hand area, in an available white timeslot, at the approximate time.
- In the dialogue box, specify the exact start and end times for your booking
- If you need to reserve more than one resource indicate this in the Number of Items field
- To complete your booking click the Add button.
Your booking will be made and the timeslot will be indicated by a yellow block in the right-hand area.
If you need to cancel your booking click your yellow block and in the dialogue box click Remove.