Problems Getting a Visa
- If you are refused entry clearance to the UK, DO NOT travel as entry to the UK will be forbidden. There is no right of appeal if an application is refused. Applicants can request an administrative review where the Entry Clearance Manager will check if the required 40 points has been met or not.
BUT PLEASE MAKE CONTACT WITH US BEFORE REQUESTING A REVIEW.
- Immigration advisers in Student Support and Guidance are legally permitted to act as your representatives in study-related immigration matters if you choose to nominate them (see 3 below for further information).
2. Delay in Interview Appointments
- Book an appointment with Embassy/High Commission as soon as you know you will be coming to Sheffield.
- You cannot apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa more than 3 months before your course start date.
If you have any questions about applying for your student visa you can contact Student Support & Guidance
Tel: +44 (0)114 222 1269
Fax +44 (0)114 222 1304
Please do not email other University contacts about immigration questions. This delays the process and causes confusion.