Learning Management System login problems
In order to use the Learning Management System (LMS) you need to meet all the following criteria:
- You must be either University staff or a research postgraduate (including writing-up RPGs)
- Your computer needs to operate within the University firewall
- You need to have synchronised your University passwords
- Your details must be in the Computer Registration Information System (CRIS)
1. Staff or current research postgraduate
If you fit into either category then you have access to the LMS. If you can't log in then it is likely that the problem may be caused by one of the following and can be easily fixed as described.
If you are using a computer on campus from a University building, then your computer is within the firewall.
However, if you are at home, or on a computer at a hospital you need to connect to the University using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection, then access the LMS through MUSE.
Instructions to connect to the LMS via VPN and MUSE
3. Synchronise Passwords
There are many University systems that require a password for access. By synchronising your password you can use the same password for most systems, including the LMS.
To synchronise your password:
- Click the Computer User Account Management link below
- Login with your usual username and password
- Click the Sychronise Passwords button
- On the next screen click the Synchronise button
- Click the Logout button
4. Computer Registration Information System (CRIS)
If all else fails, it may be that your details are not in the Computer Registration Information System.
Contact User Registration on 23050, or
email : firstname.lastname@example.org