Accessing and Using myAnnounce
myAnnounce is part of MUSE and is available to staff only. You must log in to MUSE to create a message
- Click the 'Staff Applications' tab
- Click 'myAnnouncement Composer' at the bottom of the page
- Click 'Compose a MUSE or Email Announcement' to take you to the message submission form
- Click 'View an Announcement' to see all announcements you have submitted
- Click 'Options' to set the display period of the Announcement
- Provide a title. This will be the subject line for an email and the displayed headline for a MUSE announcement.
- Provide a one line summary which will be displayed below the MUSE announcement.
- Type your announcement in the body of the message field. You may include web addresses in the body of your text but they will not function as active links.
- If you have a web page with more information, type the address in the Web address field, including https:// and this will function as a active link in the message.
- If you wish to receive replies to your message, type your email address in the From/reply-to field.
- Your own name is filled in automatically but you can change it to a department or service name, or any other name
- You can obtain more information about each field by clicking the blue question mark icons
The delivery and expiry dates govern when an announcement is visible in MUSE or when the announcement is delivered via email.
- Provide a delivery date.
- Provide an expiry date for MUSE announcements.
- Tick the box if you wish the announcement to be displayed in MUSE.
- Tick the box if you require an email broadcast.
This section allows you to select the types of staff, students and subject areas to receive your message.
- Students may be selected by their year of course, or as undergraduates or postgraduates. Please note that final year is not an option.
- Staff may be selected by categories of post.
- You can select from both Faculties and Departments.
- Do not select "All" if your message is not relevant to all sections of the University. The Moderator may revise your selections if they appear inappropriate. You can use the message box at the end of the form to explain your choices.
Email Mailing List
If your message is aimed at staff you can also use myAnnounce to send messages to existing distribution lists.
- firstname.lastname@example.org is used for events and opportunities.
- email@example.com is generally used to ask people to complete surveys and take part in research trials.