University Financial Requirements
1. Students on taught postgraduate courses (e.g. MSc, MEng) must pay a deposit of £1000 when they accept their offer. Some students on other courses may also be required to pay a deposit when they accept their offer – we will let you know if this affects you.
2. The University of Sheffield requires you to confirm via a Financial Declaration:
- how your academic fees will be paid
- that you have funds to cover living expenses for yourself and any dependants for the full duration of your course. You must confirm this to us (and non-EEA students must also confirm to for visa officers) before you come to the University. If you are sponsored by an external agency (e.g. an Embassy) you must also give your sponsor letter to the University.
- You can complete the Financial Declaration online - we will email you to tell you when you can do this.
- If you plan to apply to an organisation for sponsorship or assistance in paying your fees, you must do so in good time before you come to the UK (or apply for a visa).
Do not make arrangements to come to the University nor apply for a visa until you are sure that you have funds of your own, or confirmed sponsorship, to pay your fees and living costs on time for the full duration of your course.
5. Financial assistance
- The University welcomes international students, there are only a limited number of University scholarships and bursaries available to students.
- We are unable to offer financial help (including fee reductions) to any student except those who receive written confirmation of the award of a University scholarship or bursary prior to arrival in the UK.
- If you have been offered such a scholarship or bursary, return the letter with your financial guarantee form (which will be in “Registration: The Essential Guide 2012–13”) or bring it with you to Registration.
- Further information on these scholarships is available on the University’s web site (University Scholarships)
- EU students: if you intend to apply to a bank for a UK government-supported Career Development Loan, you must do so in time to have a decision on the application before you attend registration. If you have no decision when you attend to register, you must pay your fee as a self-funded student. A partial refund will be made if you obtain a loan later.