Alumni Foundation Special Project Grant Guidelines
In January 2007 the Alumni Foundation launched a University-wide competition to award a special project grant of £10,000 to a "landmark" project that would make a real difference to the department involved.
The first winner of this grant was the Students´ Union Media Hub. This was successful because:
- The project involved a large number of students of all disciplines.
- It was a new facility that would not have been affordable without the grant.
- It is of long-lasting benefit with a physical element to show people (especially donors).
- It has brought good publicity for the Alumni Foundation to encourage others to donate.
The Alumni Foundation Committee´s application guidelines are fairly open for this special grant, but the above factors should provide an idea of the types of projects we are looking to fund. The following points should also be taken into consideration:
- We look favourably upon applications where there is evidence of departmental financial commitment to the project.
- We look favourably upon projects where £10,000 will make a critical difference to whether or not the project will go ahead.
- We prefer projects that are permanent rather than a one-off or short-term project.
- We look positively to projects that include cross-University aspects.
- We look less favourably upon projects that are very niche and ones that do not benefit very many people.
Before making an application, please contact Helen Meadows, Alumni Relations Events Officer, on 0114 222 1079.
email : email@example.com