Courses and careers
There are various areas of our site where students can find information to help them decide which course to choose.
The University Careers Service provides support and guidance at every stage of a student's time at Sheffield. We have:
- Trained and qualified staff able to discuss all aspects of career planning
- Well-established links with many local and national employers
- 'A dedicated student jobs and work experience unit, helping students to find part- time, voluntary and vacation work to gain valuable employment experience'
- A wide range of events including talks and workshops, careers fairs, and presentations and skills-development sessions led by graduate employers
- A careers library with information on all areas of graduate careers, postgraduate study and other options
- A publicly accessible website containing a wide range of careers information resources
The University of Sheffield Careers Service has been awarded the Matrix quality standard for information, advice and guidance services.
Student Job Shop
The Student Jobshop is a joint initiative between the Careers Service and the Union of Students to help you look for student jobsand work experience including part-time paid work, summer internships, placements, vacation work and voluntary work.