Staff Occupational Health Service
Welcome to the Staff Occupational Health Service web pages.
Occupational Health is a distinct branch of preventative healthcare, which specialises in the relationship between work and health. The Staff Occupational Health service is committed to protecting and promoting the health and welfare of all employees who work for the University of Sheffield. The department supports the University in complying with health and safety law and with employment law.
The Staff Occupational Health Service advise on all matters concerning the effects of work on health and the effects of health on work. They work to the benefit of both employer and employee, to prevent work related ill-health by the:
- Prevention of ill-health by providing active advice and guidance to all levels and sections of the University.
- Support for managers to manage staff with health related issues.
- Provide practical and confidential health support for all staff within the workplace.
- Advising on the control of potential health risks at work.
- Providing health surveillance in order to detect occupational health disease at an early stage.
- A preventative and pro-active approach.
We do not provide a GP, treatment or First Aid Service. For a list of local GP Practices see: www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk.