Purchase Ordering training course
||Purchase Ordering (uBASE)
New Purchase Orderer
Course also available to existing users requiring a refresher
||The Purchase Ordering course is a full day course (9.15am - 5.00pm) and you must attend the full course to qualify for the Purchase Ordering profile in uBASE
||Please note that this training course has two pre-requisites which you MUST complete before attending the course:
- Your department must explain to you the purpose of your role within the financial management of your department. The Purchase Ordering role is one which has many purposes within the business (from providing back-up cover for the main purchase orderer in your department, through to processing all orders for your department or team). Please arrange to speak to your Departmental Administrator, Office Manager, or similar person, and ask them to explain what you will be doing on behalf of your department with the purchase orderer profile
- The University finance systems (myPurchase and uBASE) control the flow of financial purchases and reporting at the University. The terminology used within the systems, and how these function, is explained in a series of awareness videos. You should watch all of these videos (even though you won't necessarily be undertaking all of the purchasing roles) before you attend the course, so that you have a general understanding of how financial information is managed through these systems. The videos can be accessed here. You should watch the four videos which start 'Overview of ...'
These aspects of using the University's finance systems will NOT be covered in the training course. The course will be delivered on the basis that attendees already understand the pre-requisite material. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have completed the pre-requisites so that you get the most out of the training course.
All Purchase Orderers are also required to attend the VAT for Purchasing course within eight weeks of attending the Purchase Ordering course.
You can attend the VAT for Purchasing course either before or after you attend the Purchase Ordering course. View the registration and joining details for the VAT course.
- Thursday 23rd May 2013
- Wednesday 19th June 2013
- Tuesday 16th July 2013
- Wednesday 2nd October 2013
- Monday 4th November 2013
- Thursday 12th December 2013
- Understand the Procure to Pay process
- Convert approved requisitions to Purchase Orders
- Create a fixed period Framework Order
- Find and display an existing Purchase Order
- Change and update your existing Purchase Order
- Use the uBASE purchasing reports to monitor the status of your Purchase Orders
- Start time: 9.15am
- End time: 5.00pm (no later)
- Venue: to be notified (you will receive an email to confirm your place and advise the venue details)
- Lunch break: 30 minutes (exact timing to be agreed with attendees on the day)
- Refreshments: drinks provided but not lunch
- Training materials: guidance notes provided for attendees to take away (copies of all materials are also available in uSpace for Purchase Orderers)
|Book your place
- Authorised Profile Request Form to be submitted to Finance requesting your profile and training
- Select the course date you wish to attend when completing the Profile Request Form
Need help or more information?
Who to contact
Contact the myPurchase and uBASE helpdesk by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your query is concerning the actual training or its schedule please email: email@example.com