To obtain a visa or leave to enter/remain as a student you must have documents to show
1. Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies
2. Sufficient Funding
3. Current Passport
4. Application Form
- a completed application form for entry clearance VAF9 and PBS Appendix 8 General Student self-assessment form - www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/
- two passport-sized photographs
- the entry clearance fee in local currency
- Original certificates or other proof of qualifications you have. These will be listed on your CAS information.
5. Tuberculosis screening
- Students from some countries must obtain a certificate to show that they are free from infectious TB before they can obtain a visa.
A list of relevant countries can be found at:
Please bring a copy of this certificate to your registration interview.
- i. The University Health Service carries out TB screening for all students who live outside Europe, North America, Australia or New Zealand.
ii. They want to see a copy of a chest x-ray report (not the x-ray itself) in English – taken within six months prior to arrival in the UK. Carry this in your hand luggage and bring it to your registration interview
6. 16 and 17 years olds
If you will be 16 or 17 years old when you apply for a visa, you must apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa. You must also provide additional documents.
From 4 July 2011, nationals from certain courtiers will not need to routinely present their financial documents, qualifications and translations as part of the visa application if applying in their country of nationality or in the UK. However, these documents can be requested by immigration officials and must be provided within a specified timescale. Even if you are being eligible for this concession, it is very important that you still prepare your documents in case you need to present them at a later date.
List of countries will not need to routinely present their financial documents and qualifications as part of their visa application if applying in their country of nationality or in the UK:
British National Overseas
Taiwan (including those who hold a passport issued by Taiwan that includes the number of the identification card issued by the competent authority in Taiwan).
Trinidad and Tobago